TERMS & CONDITIONS
This Service Agreement (“Agreement”) governs your use of the services of EyeTest.co.uk (collectively “site,” “us” or “we”) which is operated by Global Digital Solutions Limited with registered address Suite 7, World Trust Tower, 50 Stanley Street, Central, Hong Kong. By engaging with our services, you agree that you have read, understand, and consent to this Agreement, thereby establishing a patient-provider relationship with the healthcare professional assigned to you by our vision technology. You are welcome to use our free eye checkup online at any point and should you need to book a local appointment we will recommend one with one of our amazing local opticians who can offer you a more comprehensive eye test.
In order to qualify for Prescription Services, the following must be true:
- You are eighteen (18) to fifty-five (55) years of age.
- You meet our medical criteria and not have a history of diabetes, glaucoma, cataracts, retinal detachment, brain injuries, neurological issues; symptoms of acute eye pain; or flashes and floaters in your eyes.
- You are currently located in a region or territory where we provide services and are prepared to take your test online.
- You are able to follow text or audio instructions; stand and physically move forward or backward safely from your computer screen; and cover one eye while operating a web-enabled phone.
- Your refractive error (as described in Service Acceptance Section), if any, falls into the following categories:
- Myopic with spherical power between “-0.25 and -10.00”
- Hyperopic with spherical power between “+0.25 and +3.50”
- Astigmatic with cylinder power between Cyl “-0.25 and -3.00”
- Presbyopic with ADD power between “+0.25 and +4.00”
In addition to the above requirements, eyetest.co.uk or its partners reserves the right to change or include new requirements as deemed appropriate in its sole discretion without providing additional notice.
Eyetest.co.uk offers a gateway of optical services for technology providers of eye care services, including , Business Information and Prescription Services, through the use of the internet, mobile browser applications, and other interactive electronic communication technologies. Your Eyetest.co.uk partner is a recognised healthcare professional will be licensed to practice in his/her specialty in the region or territory where you are located or have the telemedicine guidelines in place to be able to service you, but the professional will be performing all evaluations remotely through the use of these electronic technologies. In your region, Eyetest.co.uk services may be considered telehealth or telemedicine and you accept this process when undertaking a service with us. Should you feel more comfortable visiting a local optician please click ‘book at test’ at the top of this page.
Eyetest.co.uk reserves the right to deny services to anyone in its sole discretion, except as prohibited by law.
Under this Agreement, Eyetest.co.uk and its technology partners agrees to provide the following healthcare and related services (“Services”):
- Eyetest.co.uk will provide: (1) access to its technology partner to enable you to self-administer a visual acuity and color vision test through use of the internet, and (2) the results of your eye test(s).
- Unless you are determined to be ineligible, or fail to provide Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner with a prior prescription or any requested relevant information, Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner will provide a licensed healthcare professional qualified to practice medicine or ophthalmology to evaluate the results of your tests, perform a refractive eye examination and/or screening, and issue a vision or ocular prescription, including a prescription for corrective eyewear, if clinically necessary (“Prescription Services”). Even if you are based Internationally you confirm your acceptance that your licensed healthcare professional may not be located in your country.
- Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner may share your service status and vision and ocular prescription with a qualified optician or retailer that you have engaged to dispense glasses or contacts, or to a qualified optician or retailer that directed you to Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner via a custom link.
- Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner may verify your most recent vision and ocular prescription with the healthcare provider that issued it.
- Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner may use your medical information to present special offers to you from 3rd party vendors.
- Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner will provide educational and related information on eye health.
- Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner will provide a non-comprehensive list of available resources for you to receive an eye health exam and obtain corrective eyewear.
- Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner will only perform some diagnostic or vision test covering your eye health. The vision test technology measures your refractive error.
- Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner will not provide any services for medical emergencies or urgent situations. Should you have an emergency cll 999 immediately.
- IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY CALL YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY SERVICE.
Your Responsibilities and Acknowledgements
- You agree that the Services will be used only for you, and that the identification information you have provided is accurate and truthful.
- You shall be responsible for providing accurate health, demographic, geographic and contact information.
- You agree to strictly follow all of the instructions provided by Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner in your self-administration of the vision test.
- You understand that Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner Service’s DO NOT include a comprehensive eye health examination.
- You agree to visit an optometrist or ophthalmologist at least every two (2) years to get a comprehensive eye health examination.
- You agree to follow the recommendations of Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner licensed healthcare professionals, who may recommend more frequent visits.
- You agree to update your contact information within two (2) days of any change.
- You agree to pay or be responsible for payment of the cost of the Services in accordance with this Agreement and Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner’s policies, as it may be changed from time to time.
- You understand and agree that Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner may use your de-identified health information to perform research to improve the accuracy and efficacy of our technology.
- If asked, you agree to provide your most recent glasses or contact lens prescription and the contact information of the healthcare provider that issued the prescriptions.
- If asked, you agree to retake the EyeTest.co.uk Online Vision Check/Test again in part or in whole.
- You give Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner and/or it’s validation partners permission to contact your healthcare provider to verify your prior glasses or contacts prescription on your behalf.
Service Acceptance and Informed Consent
You have the legal right and ability to and agree to: (i) enter into this Agreement, (ii) use the Services for your personal benefit, and (iii) abide by the obligations in the Agreement. You acknowledge that you understand that Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner’s Services are provided through the use of electronic technology. You further acknowledge that you understand that the Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner’s healthcare professional will NOT be in the same physical location as you at the time the Services are performed. Providing healthcare services through the use of electronic technology and the remote participation of healthcare professionals may be considered telehealth or telemedicine. Among others, the benefits of receiving healthcare services in this manner include improved access to healthcare professionals, convenience, and reduced cost.
As with any medical or health service and generally in very rare cases, there are potential risks associated with the use of services through the use of electronic technology, including but not limited to:
- The information transmitted may not be sufficient to allow the healthcare professional to make an appropriate clinical decision.
- Delays in transmission, evaluation or treatment due to equipment or connectivity failure.
- Lack of access to your full medical history and/or condition due to the remote location of the healthcare professional.
- Breach of privacy of personal information due to a failure of security systems or protocols.
EyeTest.co.uk’s vision check/test, like an in-person eye refraction examination, is not perfect or absolute. You understand that while the Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner vision test is designed to assess refractive error, which shall be limited specifically to near sighted/myopia, far sighted/hyperopia, astigmatism, presbyopia, emmetropia, or any combination of these, the vision test process is not perfect or absolute. As explained in greater detail on our website, www.eyetest.co.uk (“Site”), there is a statistical possibility that a vision test may yield an inaccurate evaluation, which may result in the generation of uncomfortable or inaccurate corrective eyewear and the need for a patient to retake the refractive examination. An uncomfortable or inaccurate corrective eyewear prescription may cause eye strain, headaches, blurry vision, double vision, or overall general eye pain. You understand that if you experience any of the described adverse effects, you will immediately (a) remove the glasses or contacts causing this issue, (b) contact us, and (c) follow any recommendations we provide you for seeking additional care. You should seek urgent medical attention if you feel unwell.
You acknowledge and agree that you are making an informed decision to use the Services, and have been given all necessary and relevant information to make that decision. By entering into this Agreement and/or accepting the Services, you agree that:
- You are a patient of Eyetest.co.uk’s technology partner and are entering into a patient-provider relationship with the healthcare professional assigned to you by Eyetest.co.uk.
- You may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of EyeTest.co.uk’s Services, but no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- You could receive similar services from a local healthcare provider, but you are choosing to receive these services from Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner through the use of electronic technology and a remote healthcare professional.
- You are giving permission for Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner to send your service status and vision and ocular prescription to a qualified healthcare provider or retailer with appropriate authorization. These providers may not be based in the United Kingdom.
- You are giving permission for Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner to share your service status and vision and ocular prescription with a qualified healthcare provider or retailer that you have engaged to dispense glasses or contacts.
- You are giving permission for Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner to share your service status and vision and ocular prescription with a 3rd party that you designate or to a qualified optician or retailer that directed you to Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner.
- You are giving permission for Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner to send your contact information, service status and vision and ocular prescription to a qualified retailer with appropriate authorization as part of the platform.
- You are giving permission for Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner to record voice and sound via your device for the purposes of providing the Online Vision Check/Test. Your responses will be transcribed into text, which will be stored securely with the rest of your test data.
- You agree to receive email and text communications from Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner based on your health information that may contain commercial advertisements or promotions for services or products from Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner or a 3rd party with whom Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner has a financial relationship and may benefit from your purchase of the service or product.
- You are giving permission (consent) to Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner, and specifically Optimized Eye Care, P.C., to provide a refractive eye examination and/or screening, evaluate the results, and issue you a vision or ocular prescription, including a prescription for corrective eyewear, if clinically necessary.
- If you obtain a prescription for corrective eyewear, it is solely for your personal use. You agree to fully and carefully read all provided product information and labels and to contact us or a local optometrist or ophthalmologist if you have any questions regarding the prescription.
You agree to fully and carefully read all provided product information and labels and to contact us or a local optometrist or ophthalmologist if you have any questions regarding the prescription.
Privacy and Security
Electronic Health Record
Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner maintains an Electronic Health Record (“EHR”) system and creates a record for each patient as part of your online account (“Patient Chart”). Your Patient Chart is created to store your personally identifiable information, including your health conditions and other Personal Health Information (“PHI”). Information provided as part of the EyeTest.co.uk registration process or your communication with an Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner representative may, if appropriate, be maintained in your Patient Chart and relied on by our healthcare professionals in providing our Services. You agree to provide accurate information, review the information in your Patient Chart, and to update such information, as needed.
Public Health Reporting
Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner may be required by law to disclose certain health information to state public health agencies to report, prevent, or control disease, injury or disability. Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner may or may not provide you notice of our compliance with these legal requirements.
Payment of Fees and Cancellation Policy
Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner will accept payment for Services in the following manner:
- From you.
- From other sources authorized by you to make a payment to EyeTest.co.uk’s nominated payment provider (Stripe) on your behalf, including, but not limited to other healthcare professionals, retail eyewear providers, etc.
Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner DO NOT currently accept payment through any government sponsored health program eg: NHS.
Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner accepts various forms of electronic payment in accordance with Visibly policies and this Agreement. Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner currently accepts electronic payments made by credit or debit card & pre-paid cards. This payment service is provided by Stripe, A U.S. based secure payment provider.
Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner is subject to complex laws and regulations that are constantly evolving and vary from state to state. Specific billing practices and service availability may be amended periodically to comply with changes in the law or guidance from Plans and regulatory authorities.
If you direct Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner to accept payment for your Services from another eligible source, Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner will accept payment in accordance with a separate agreement or understanding between Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner and the eligible source. Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner will not initiate Services until payment is received or arranged to be received from the eligible source.
If you choose to use your Plan for payment, Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner will initially charge your credit, debit or other source for the cost of your Services and submit a claim to your Plan in accordance with your Plan’s requirements. You agree to pay any necessary co-pays or deductibles as required by your Plan. Once Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partnerreceives payment from your Plan, Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner will credit your card in the amount received. If your Plan denies coverage for any Services, Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner will retain the amount initially charged to your card as payment in full.
You can cancel or change your request for services at any time prior to submitting your order for purchase of our Services. Once an order for Services has been submitted for purchase, you will be responsible for full payment of the Services, even if you do not receive a prescription.
All purchases must be completed, including full payment, and prescriptions issued within 30 days of starting the online vision test process. In order to complete the purchase you must make full payment, provide Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner with a prior prescription or any requested relevant information, and have retaken the vision test if necessary as directed by Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner.
If you fail to complete your purchase within the required 30 days and have paid for your vision test, you will be given an additional 30 days to complete your purchase and receive a prescription by retaking the vision test and providing all necessary information to Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner. You will not be charged for this additional vision test.
All prescriptions must be issued within 30 days of starting the online vision test process. If requested, you must provide Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner with a prior prescription and any requested relevant information within this time frame.
Within 30 days after completing your purchase, you must provide Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner with a prior prescription or any requested relevant information or retake the vision test as directed by Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner.
If you do not provide Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner with the necessary information and/or retake your vision test within 60 days of completing your purchase, your purchase will be deemed abandoned and you will have to re-purchase and retake the vision test at your own expense to receive a prescription.
Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner will not refund any payments for an abandoned purchase.
Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner reserves the right to refund any purchase in its sole discretion.
These cancellation terms are applicable irrespective of the source of the payment for the Services.
Term and Termination
This Agreement shall commence on the date you acknowledge acceptance of this Agreement. Either you or Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner may terminate this Agreement and your right to use Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner at any time, with or without cause. This Agreement shall terminate without notice in the event you (or any authorized person using your account) fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner shall retain your Patient data to support your vision test for a period of time as required to service you for subsequent eye tests.
Limitation of Liability: Indemnification
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND EXCLUDING THE ACCURACY OF THE VISION TEST AND ACCURACY OF OPHTHALMIC GOODS AND SERVICES DISPENSED BY ANOTHER SELLER: (a) IN NO EVENT WILL EYETEST.CO.UK BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SERVICES, EVEN IF EYETEST.CO.UK HAS BEEN ADVISED OF, KNEW OF, OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; AND (b) IN ANY EVENT, EYETEST.CO.UK ‘s TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, FOR ALL CLAIMS OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIM RELATED TO THE SERVICES PERFORMED BY EYETEST.CO.UK HEREUNDER OR YOUR USE THEREOF), WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO EYETEST.CO.UK DURING THE ANNUAL PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE FIRST EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY.
To the extent permitted by law and excluding the accuracy of the vision test and accuracy of ophthalmic goods and services dispensed by another seller, you agree to release, indemnify and hold Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner and its shareholders, excluding any physicians practicing telemedicine through Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner, claims, expenses arising from injury or personal damage that occurs in connection with your misuse of the Site, your choice of payment method, or your receipt of notices or information at your contact address.
You agree that this Agreement is governed by the laws of the United States of America , without regard to choice of law rules. Any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this clause, shall be settled by binding arbitration administered by JAMS (www.jamsadr.com) in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures. The arbitration shall be heard by a single arbitrator, and shall be conducted in the United States. Each party shall bear his, her, or its own costs relating to such arbitration, and the parties shall equally share the arbitrator’s fees. Judgment on any award resulting from such arbitration may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. If this arbitration provision is deemed invalid, the parties agree that the court of proper and exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any action arising out of this agreement shall be in a court located in the United States.
EACH PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHT HE, SHE, OR IT MAY HAVE TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS ACTIONS OR CLASS ARBITRATIONS.
Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner will generally communicate with you using the email address or telephone number you provided when registering. In some circumstances, we may communicate with you using the mailing address you provided to Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner. You may contact Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner on all matters relating to your order or services provided by us by emailing email@example.com.
This Agreement may be amended at anytime by Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner upon providing you notice prior to the effective date of the amendment. If you do not agree with the terms of any such amendment, you may terminate the Agreement as provided in the Termination Section.
This Agreement and any related emails or other written documents from Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partnerthat specifically address the Services shall constitute the complete agreement between Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner and you with regard to the Services, and shall supersede all prior and contemporaneous agreements, proposals, representations, warranties, or promises, whether written or oral, relating to the Service. In the event of conflict between this Agreement and any other written document, this Agreement shall control, unless the written document specifically states otherwise.
Eyetest.co.uk or it’s technology partner may subcontract some or all of its obligations under this Agreement, without providing any prior notice to you.
If any provision of this Agreement is, for any reason, deemed unenforceable or in violation of law, such unenforceability or violation will not affect the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which will continue in full force and effect and be binding upon the parties hereto.